Thursday, April 16, 2009

Backpack!! Backpack!!


So here is a conversation with a 2 year old.

Background Noise " Back Pack Back Pack YAAAAAH "

Giuliana: Momma, Momma, MOMMMA!!!!
Me: Yes, honey, I'm right here?
Giuliana: Me need backpack MOMMA!
Me: Huh? You need a what?
Giuliana: BACCCCCCCKPACK MOMMMA!!
Me: A Backpack? For what?
Giuliana: Gigi need backpack like Dooooah (Dora)
Me: OOOOOH, I get it. You want a backpack like Dora's backpack

Giuliana : *Smiling ever SO angelic* Yes, Momma. Backpack. Plllleeease


How about that one for ya? Yeah, she wanted a backpack. Lucky for me that Denise from Matilda Jane had sent one a few months back when I won a contest of some sort. I pulled it out of the closet, and tied the straps up so it could fit her. When I showed it to her she got so excited. I explained that it was not purple like Dora's was but that it was pretty. She agreed. She then promptly packed up her Tea Party Set and said

" Me go Lily's house"

I'm a sucker. So, off to Lily's house we went, where they had tea, and Lily asked if she could have a backpack too :D

1 comment:

Kellie H said...

that Dora...I can so relate. I have a two year old too. A MJC backpack is perfect =)