Sunday, July 5, 2009

Happy Birthday, America!

Well, its been a week or so, and It finally looks like I have a few minutes to come back and blog about the 4th of July weekend.



Let me tell ya, sick babies are no fun! Giuliana was sick starting the Friday before the 4th till yesterday (7-11) with some sort of bacteria infection in her intestines or GI tract. Fun huh? Needless to say, Saturday night we had a slight revival in her spirits so we took her to a party at her Aunt Sharon's house. It was a nice afternoon, filled with good food and good company. I had a good time, and so did Giuliana.

I managed to take a few pictures, down below, with Lori's point-n-shoot.

The black and white ones are of Giuliana and Alex watching fire works! I was worried she would be scared of the noises, but she did pretty well. Towards the end she was pretty done with it, and had no problem telling you- or anyone who was listening- that she wanted to go home.



Here is Nana and PopPop sitting on a cooler :D


Here I am! Yep. I am ACTUALLY in a picture with my child! I had Lori take one so there would be one of us from the Holiday. Then of course, look at the one below of her and Alex. WAY better. I am beginning to think she doesn't like to have her photo taken with me...hrrm..



Here I am in MORE pictures.. Gosh, what WAS I thinking... Giuliana and I layed down on the hot tum cover to talk about the colors in the trees and moon etc and she asked Ashley (more like TOLD her) to lay down with us. Then Ashley asked Giuliana what she was looking at and she said " Vance up there ". I think it kind of caught Ashley off guard, but I quickly explained what Giuliana meant so Ashely understood what Giuliana knew. Stephanie took this picture of us all laying there after that conversation took place. Then right after that Giuliana rolled over and hugged and kissed me- As Stephanie stood up above us and took this sweet picture.


At the end of the night, before the fireworks, I followed the girls out into the yard and took this sweet photo. I think Giuliana was happy to be sitting there with them. Look at where her hands are- sweetly placed on each girls' leg.

No comments: