Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Financial Diet '08




Looks pretty self explanatory I am sure. But here is a little background...

Some of the girls I am friends with were talking about going on a Financial Diet that would last until Dec 31st to see how much money they could save. They all said that they spent money every day on "stuff" that they didn't NEED or have to have, so why not SAVE IT. That's where the little ticker came into place.... I decided to jump on this wagon too. I don't spend money with out reason, typically anyway, but I thought I may as well try to save 200 dollars every pay period. It starts today and ends on Dec 31st. It should be interesting, I am hoping to have 800 dollars saved going into the new year. It would be nice if I could do it.

The other goal or point for me was to have all of my existing debt paid off by the end of the year as well. I want to be debt-free except for my monthly bills. It would be really nice to get my tax return check and NOT have to use it to pay off debt from the year before.

On a note about Diets... I'm also working on a Weight Loss Diet as well. I'll get a ticker for that too after I can decide what a reasonable weight loss goal is for me. I have already started to watch what I eat, and I have upped my water intake. I'm hoping that just by doing those two simple things I will start to see some small results. I won't have the extra money for a gym membership until the end of the month when we get paid, but it's on the list as well!!!

Root for me! I need all the positive support I can get ;)

No comments: