Sunday, September 7, 2008

Should Have Beens...





Vance SHOULD HAVE BEEN 6 this year. Instead he's been gone 4 years tomorrow.
Vance SHOULD HAVE BEEN in Mexico Beach with us this summer. Instead he's in Heaven.

Every time I think of Vance I think about all of things that should have been. All the pictures that should have been taken, all the laughs that should have been shared.

I'm angry tonight. More so than usual. I'm angry for all the should have beens. I'm so very sad for his family and all that they have lost. Despite the rift between everyone, the pain is the same for everyone. The since of loss is different, but that doesn't mean it's not there. I said this to Lori when we were on vacation this summer in Mexico Beach...

When someone is taken from us so suddenly and unexpectedly everyone has some sort of guilt about something and everyone experiences a since of loss.

For each person its different, and it never really affected me till I had Giuliana. Now, because I am a parent, I can "imagine" how much it hurts.

Even I feel a since of loss because of his death..

I look at Giuliana and wish to God and back again that he were here with her. I just know that she would have adored him and would have looked up to him for guidance and comfort.

Every girl needs a Big Brother. Giuliana has a Guardian Angel instead.

RIP Vance

No comments: