Monday, September 1, 2008

Friends


How do you determine who is your friend and who is not? I have always struggled with that to be honest. I have not always been sure in life if so-and-so was friends with me for ME or friends with me for some other reason that would somehow benefit them. A few times I was known to pick the wrong "friends"but I think with age and children brings some knowledge.

Elizabeth, Allison and I have only been friends for about a year or so. Elizabeth and I worked together at the Cadillac store when we were both pregnant with the girls. We became "social" with eachother because of that one thing in common (pregnancy). I went on Maternity Leave and as I was coming back, she was begining her Maternity Leave...

Now, Allison and I met when Giuliana was 4 months old. I found her through a friend and asked her to come to our house and take pictures of Giuliana in her nursery since it was FINALLY complete. After all the hard work I had put into it, I had to have professional pictures of her actually IN it :) Allison and I hit it off, I would say, and became fast friends. In the year I have known her she has seen Giuliana learn to walk and talk. I have attended her wedding, photographed it, and been their for the birth of HER 1st child, Carli...

Lately, us 6 girls, do a lot of things together. We have all become good friends. Somedays I swear its these 2 WONDERFUL Ladies that keep me sane. We all became friends because of our children, but I can't think of a better way to become friends.

Thank you both for being my friend and helping me when I need it. I really don't know how I'd do it without you both!!!

1 comment:

Kellie H said...

I know friends are hard to coem by now as we are older and "pickier" =)
I hear ya...I have a few friends that I don't know where I'd be without them! Great photo!