Tuesday, January 20, 2009

"It's Time For A Change"

"Hope is not blind optimism. It's not ignoring the enormity of the tasks ahead or the roadblocks that stand in our path.

It's not sitting on the sidelines or shirking from a fight. Hope is that thing inside us that insists, despite all the evidence to the contrary, that something better awaits us if we have the courage to reach for it and to work for it and to fight for it."
Barack Obama, Iowa 2008




I couldn't agree with this statement more. Not just in my personal life, but also in this country I live in. I'm working on the part about my life, and beginning today at 12noon, Barack Obama began working on his part.



To be honest, I did not vote for him. But that's okay. I have a lot of respect for the "Office" of President, and I am a GOOD American, who is proud of our Democracy and our way of free thinking. President Obama was voted by half of my fellow Americans, and I for one hope he will rise to the occasion and help turn our troubled economy around.

Now, I am not naive and I don't think I am going to wake up tomorrow and find that not only has my personal life gotten back to normal, but so has our country. I know that they will both take time, and some hard choices I am sure.

I am ready.

We are ready.

"Yes, We Can!"

No comments: