Saturday, October 24, 2009

Holding Hands

Tonight as we walked back to our car from the Jazz Festival here in town, I walked holding Giuliana's hand. Her hand is so tiny inside of mine, and I have small hands to begin with. It was sweet. I wish I had a picture of it. I wonder how soon the time will come where she won't let me hold her hand any more :( Every day that goes by she gets older and more independent than the day before. She thinks shes so grown. Im proud of her, but I am sad too. My little baby is growing up and one day, not to far off into the future, she won't hold my hand, and for me that's a sad thing. She may always be "my little baby" but the reality of the situation is that she won't actually be. I'm going to hold her hand more often, cuddle her closer, and hug her even more than I already do, because one day she's going to say with a disgusted tone of voice "Mooomm! we're in public!" and that will be the end of that.



I love this picture. It was taken at Jillian's wedding a few weeks ago. It's not perfect or even that great of a photo, but it's one of the few times she actually held still in my arms long enough for someone to snap a picture of us together.

No comments: